Re: [VHFcontesting] UPS with no radio noise???

To: "Marshall-K5QE" <k5qe@k5qe.com>, "VHF Contesting" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] UPS with no radio noise???
From: <ejkkjh@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 10:10:16 -0400
Marshall,
I also have this problem, especially on 6 meters. We have 3 UPS for our computers, brands are APC and Cyber Power, neither emit any noise that I have detected. I turn them off, unplug them, no change in noise. I have found noise in power strip from a bad connection. I have a AC line filter on power going to rigs, that helps some. On 6 meters especially and some on 2 meters I have found lots of things in the house that a good rig, receiver picks up. Some of the worst are small AC/DC power supplies like on cordless phones. All of our TVs, Plasma, LED, LCD emit some noise. Ceiling fans with light dimmers. Routers and network switches. Even with all these off I still have problems, have not found it yet but its in the house somewhere, with mains off, no noise. good luck 73
Emory  WM3M

-----Original Message----- From: Marshall-K5QE