[VHFcontesting] Yaesu FT100D problem on 6m

To: FT100@yahoogroups.com, yaesu reflector <yaesu@mailman.qth.net>, vhf contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu, 50mhz <50mhz@mailman.qth.net>, 6meter@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Yaesu FT100D problem on 6m
From: John Geiger <af5cc@fidmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 20:54:15 -0600
I received a Yaesu FT100D today from ebay, and when I hook up my 6 meter
yagi to it and transmit, it is showing an abnormally high SWR and the HI
SWR icon comes on. My 6m yagi has a flat SWR on 50.125, and I verified it
with my Icom 706 using the same feedline, etc.

I have not seen this problem in a FT100D before. It appears to be ok on
other bands.  It is not going into self oscillation on 6m, as when I key
the rig on SSB it is showing no power output (as it should) until I speak
into it.

I could use any feedback or suggestions.

73 John AF5CC