[VHFcontesting] K7XC/R - Sat EM12/13/23/22, Sun EM12/22/21/11 This Weeke

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com " <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] K7XC/R - Sat EM12/13/23/22, Sun EM12/22/21/11 This Weekends ARRL Jan VHF Contest
From: Tim Marek via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 15:52:55 +0000 (UTC)
Good Morning fellow VHF Contesting Addicts,
The K7XC/R Rover vehicle antennas are almost finishedbeing installed. The
radios will sit on the seat next to mealong with a pair of straight
keys/microphones...
The planned Route is as follows,
Sat - 1PM Start in EM12 near the EM 12/13/23/22 grid
corner & activate those four before returning home (EM12ur).
Sun - 10 AM Start in EM12ur then off to the EM 12/22/21/11
Grid corner & activate those four before calling it a day.
EM11 is the grid of most interest I am told so hopefully
a few people will still be active when I get there.

As to an exact Schedule, I have no idea... These are all places I have never
been to before on roads never
traveled. The grids at each corner should take at least 15-30 minutes a piece
to work dry before changing.
(or More, based on activity/conditions)

It feels good to be recycling the Rover Antenna Rack from15 yrs ago. Was used
on a Mazda B4000 in the 90s & is
now mounted on my 1990 Ford Ranger.

The rack supports 3 antenna masts of the thick wall, 4'tall, 1/8" wall,
stack-able, mil surplus, heavy duty
aluminum poles.
The Drivers side mast is 12' tall (From the ground), and
holds yagis for 144 and 432 MHz.
The passenger side mast is 12' tall as well and holds theKB6KQ Loops for 50 and
144 MHz.

For Portable Operations, the center mast is a 25' tall,
 tilt up mast that guys 25' tall, to eye bolts installed on
each corner of the vehicle. I have used this idea for many
years with great success to hold up all manner of antenna, from HF wires to
small tri-banders or a 30' long 6 ele 6M yagi while mountaintoppingind in my
home state of Nevada.

I plan to be running two barefoot radios, the IC-746 for
50 / 144 MHz and a IC-706mkIIG for 432 MHz.

Due to the low power and small antennas involved withbeing a rover I learned a
long time ago to CQ on CW to get folks attention and if the path supports
SSB,(once they turn their antennas) I will switch to that mode.
So please look at beam headings you normally don'tand you might find me there.
Remember, everything said here is subject to change
W/O Notice...
73s and GL Everyone de Tim - K7XC - EM12ur... sk
PS:We are addicts to do this is winter... honestly... HI HI Everything should
be made as simple as possible, but no simpler…Albert Einstein