Re: [VHFcontesting] KB6KQ Loops Live Again!

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] KB6KQ Loops Live Again!
From: Marshall-K5QE <k5qe@k5qe.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 10:31:15 -0500
Hello all....the person that "invented" the dual 2M + 432 loop is David-WT4E. He has dubbed his antennas the Efactor and apparently, he now has a web site efactorantennas.com. Basically it is just two loops--one for 2M and one for 432--with the same support and the same feedline. Check out the pictures on his pages.

I have used several of these things for my now defunct rovers. We could work them out to about 100 miles, no problems. They are loops, so they are not as good as a small beam, but you can work stations quite nicely on the run.

What I liked about these antennas is that you get "automatic band switching", since there is only one feedline. You just plug the coax into the 2M/432 coax outlet on your IC706/IC7000/Yaesu 857/Yaesu 897 type rig and you are done. Very easy to hook up and very easy to use....especially for rookie rover ops.

I have never met David and I have no monetary interest in his company. That in the way of full disclosure....HI.

GL to all rovers out there.....

73 Marshall K5QE