Re: [VHFcontesting] Magic in the September VHF Contest

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Magic in the September VHF Contest
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 13:02:35 -0500
Increasing participation ... it's going to have to happen by bringing new
people in. Ken W9GA had the right idea in the 10 GHz contest last weekend.
He had a couple ham friends who aren't microwavers ride along with him as
he worked people in the contest. They rode along with me and Pete K9PW for
a while. Hopefully the bug bit them.

I've done talks at a couple local ham clubs about VHF operation and
contesting. Guess I need to do more. And invite people to see my station in
operation. I got interested in just that way decades ago when I visited
Jack W9YF (now a SK) working 2 meter meteor scatter.

73, Zack W9SZ