Re: [VHFcontesting] 10 Meters in ARRL VHF Contests

To: VHF Contesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 10 Meters in ARRL VHF Contests
From: Doug MacKinnon <ve3gj@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 20:43:56 +0000
 I do not believe adding more bands will help in any way ouside of making a bad
situation worse by giving you more spectrum not to have qso's on. The key is
lack of participation by the amateur community in general. Only real
enthusiasts operate the contests. Most new rigs of today have the vhf/uhf bands
and modes in them, but the people are not pushing the buttons. I called cq
extensively on fm from FN03 during the Sept VHF contest without a single reply.

What the hell good is it giving us more spectrum when so few are using what we
have already. Spend your time and efforts in an effort to get people to push
those buttons and get on regardless of what they have as equipment or what we
have as spectrum

Just my 2 cents worth

Doug

VE3GJ/R