Re: [VHFcontesting] Yagiphobia, Confusion and Infusion

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Yagiphobia, Confusion and Infusion
From: BEAMAR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 08:27:49 -0400 (EDT)
No, it did not affect any of my thinking. But, I had been licensed around
25 years, at that time and had been on 2M SSB,for several months.

Last night I checked into the Brandon Amateur Radio Society 6M net. This is
 not a weak signal operator net. Just a bunch of nice guys that live in the
Tampa  Bay area, who have 6M SSB capability. Net control asked me what was
new. I said  I worked the VHF contest. The next person on the list said
something like, "Tell  us about the contest". Which I did. In January, I will
mention the contest   the week before the contest, not the week after. It is
little things like this,  that just might get us some new recruits.

Buddy WB4OMG

In a message dated 9/17/2013 7:57:47 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,