[VHFcontesting] Central States VHF and 5 Band VUCC/Triple Play

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Central States VHF and 5 Band VUCC/Triple Play
From: Les Rayburn <les@highnoonfilm.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 10:07:24 -0500
Unfortunately, I cannot attend the Central States VHF Conference this year, but would love to see some discussion about the proposal of creating a 5 Band VUCC Award, as well as a VUCC "Triple Play" Award. As put forth, neither would require any change to VUCC rules and minimal programming changes to LoTW to support. I strongly believe that both would serve to revitalize both contest and daily activity, much the way that VUCC did when originally introduced.

An endorsement from Central States VHF of the proposal might go a long way towards encouraging serious discussion of the proposal by the ARRL.

To be clear though, I'm not suggesting that anyone "ambush" the keynote speaker with questions on the topic.

Les Rayburn, N1LF
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL 35114
EM63nf

6M VUCC #1712
AMSAT #38965
Grid Bandits #222
Southeastern VHF Society
Central States VHF Society Life Member
Six Club #2484

Active on 6 Meters thru 1296, 10GHz & Light