Re: [VHFcontesting] EN39 on the air on 6m de KC8QVO/VE3

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] EN39 on the air on 6m de KC8QVO/VE3
From: steve d <kc8qvo@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 11:52:42 -0700 (PDT)
All,

Band conditions up here have been horrible outside of the Aurora opening. Even
the big guys are hard to work. Throughout the contest making contacts was like
pulling teeth. I ended up with 32 contacts in the contest log this year. Not
too good but at least I got some.

In any event, I will be operating on and off through Wednesday probably. I will
be taking off Friday so my packing will be wednesday evening through thursday.

I am trying to get my voice keyer going. I have it set up but with the RFI I am
getting it is not working real well. I need to come up with a solution to the
RFI. I have type 43 ferrite cores on all the cables and the rigblaster and rig
grounded together with a copper wire, still no luck. The voice keying would
make getting contacts 100 times easier. Without a signal on the band no one can
hear me, and I need to talk in to the mic to do that right now. The computer
will ease up the ability to make contacts a ton.

Steve, KC8QVO/VE3