Re: [VHFcontesting] K1WHS 222 sprint

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] K1WHS 222 sprint
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 09:55:29 -0500
Hi Dave,

Hopefully you can pull the hard drive from the laptop and access the data
from it. I bought one of these USB hard drive interface devices for
something like $30 a few years ago. I believe this is the one I have:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3502724&CatId=468

That darned thing has paid for itself more times than I can think of. I've
had motherboards crash several times; I just pull the hard drive, connect
it to this interface and plug it into a USB port on a working computer.

It comes up as another drive on the computer and I can access any of the
files on it. I can't run the programs on the hard drive but I can back
everything up.

Good luck!

73, Zack W9SZ