[VHFcontesting] Wanted - very used 144 Mhz amp

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Wanted - very used 144 Mhz amp
From: Chris Howard w0ep <w0ep@w0ep.us>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 13:44:10 -0600
I think the next step for me in the VHF world is
to try to boost my 10 watt 2 meter signal into a more
respectable range.

So, I'm looking for maybe a lonesome, neglected, long lost
144 MHz amplifier which is sitting in someone's closet.

Maybe an old Plumber's Delight or stripline amp is hiding
under the workbench or in the rumbleseat of the Model A out
in your barn?

I have no idea what those are worth or where the market
happens.   Pointers or corrections are welcome also.

Thanks

Chris Howard
w0ep
Columbus, MS

p.s.  this is not my first foray into the 2 meter amp question.
I did make a prior attempt with an FAA amp, but it turned
out not to have the control circuits on board.  So that one
has been a bust.