[VHFcontesting] FFMA on 2m? Try county hunting instead on V/UHF.

To: <VHF@w6yx.stanford.edu>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] FFMA on 2m? Try county hunting instead on V/UHF.
From: "Todd Sprinkmann" <sprinkies@excel.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 06:47:05 -0500
   I don't know about FFMA for 2m, but here's a *county*
hunting award program (for V/UHF only) that is already
up and running, and will have a winner very shortly.

   There are 72 counties in Wisconsin.  W9RPM in EN43 has
worked 71 of those 72 WI counties in the past year and a half
on a mix of V/UHF bands.  In fact, just this past week, W9RPM
got to the 70 county level on 2 meters alone.

   The program he's enjoying is called WIVUCH.  (Pronounce it
Wee-Vooch).  It stands for WI V/UHF County Hunters Award.
Work at least 20 WI counties on any mix of bands 50 MHz and
above -- no repeater contacts allowed -- and you get your initial
certificate.  All contacts after Jan. 1, 2010 are eligible toward the
WIVUCH award.   The full scoop is at www.wivuch.com.  Go
there, take a few minutes and think about the possibilities.

    Reasons I bring this up to a nationwide list
    1)  WIVUCH is up and running.  Been up for a year plus now.
    2)  Program rules on the website clearly state WIVUCH is
open to both WI and out-of-state hams.
    3)  Want to increase awareness so V/UHF'ers in other states
will develop and promote similar programs.

    As with everything I promote, it's all about getting more RF
on the 50 MHz and higher bands.

    73,
    Todd   KC9BQA    EN63ao    40 N of Milwaukee
    www.kc9bqa.com   For Frequent VHF/UHF Updates
    www.wivuch.com   WI VHF/UHF County Hunters Award