Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] Uploading VHF+ Logs from Multiple Grid Expedit

To: <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] Uploading VHF+ Logs from Multiple Grid Expeditions...
From: "Phil Wells, AF6AV" <af6av@philwells.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 21:46:12 -0800
I¹m having the same problem. I¹m trying to understand which combinations of
call sign variations (/M /P /6 /7 /R) and grid squares I need to make
Station Locations for & how much I need to subdivide my log so I can
associate, e.g., JUST June VHF QP 2010 when I was in DM22 with JUST /M and
/R vs my usual QSOs made around town in DM12.

Then on the other end, you¹ve got to make VUCC Award Accounts using
variations of call signs as above plus, possibly, each grid activated.
Sounds like a lot of work for when I activated something like 20 grid
squares on a trip thru the west. I¹m still trying to grasp the whle concept.
Part of the problem is that you never know for sure how you were logged by
the other guy so you sorta have to account for all possibilities.  If VUCC
would accept the <my_gridsquare:x> ADIF tag¹s contents from the log, then
we¹d only have to sign our logs with callsign variations, not callsign
variations PLUS all grid squares activated.

If I sound unthankful I¹m not! I landed like 70 new CONFIRMED grid squares
when VUCC went live, then another 20 when I realized I needed to upload the
log as AF6AV/M as well as AF6AV. I¹m just not relishing all the work and am
trying to understand Station Locations vs multiple VUCC Accounts & VUCC
Account Rules.

Phil
AF6AV
San Diego

On 1/14/11 2:14 PM, "John D'Ausilio" <jdausilio@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been roving for 5 years, and I've visited at least 20 grids in
> various contests .. and in a number of grids I have multiple locations
> I've used.
>
> So it seems that I need to create W1RT/R, and then add a location to
> it for each of the 30 or so rover sites I've used, and then add a VUCC
> account for each of those locations .. does that sound right?
>
> de w1rt/john

>> > You need a certificate for every CALLSIGN you use, including callsigns
>> > with self-assigned designators, such as N5UWY/9.
>> >
>> > Each certificate can have one or more locations assigned to it.
>> >
>> > This is done via TQSL, the program that signs your logs.
>> >
>> > Dave, AA6YW, author of DXLab Suite, has a really clear set of
>> > instructions on adding locations to your TQSL configuration here:
>> > http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/CreateStationLocation
>> >
>> > Of the 100 or so 6m contacts I have confirmed in LoTW, *12* had no
>> > grid locator in their configuration!  I listed them in a message that
>> > has yet to be approved ...
>> >
>> > Peter
>> >
>> > --
>> > Peter Laws | N5UWY | plaws plaws net | Travel by Train!

Phil Wells  AF6AV
San Diego, CA, USA
SKYPE: phil.wells

Never let your morals get in the way of doing what¹s right.  -  Isaac Asimov
I place morals and ethics way, way, above everything else. Morality? Pffft!
- Harlan Ellison
It ain't a problem unless it's a problem. - Either my shrink or Yogi Berra

NB! We use SpamCurb (http://www.spamcurb.com) to host and aggressively
filter our incoming mail for spam and viruses.  It's possible that a
legitimate email from a friend or associate could be viewed as spam and thus
deleted.  I answer my mail every few days so, if you haven't heard back from
me in a reasonable period, try contacting me via another medium or from
another email domain. We reserve the right to shoot spammers on sight.