[VHFcontesting] 432 Sprint

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 432 Sprint
From: Michael Drake <mmdrevo@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 13:16:45 -0700 (PDT)
Had fun in the 432 sprint on Wednesday night. I arrived in FN22DW about 40
minutes prior to the contest and unpacked the mast, rotor and beam. I had it
all
up with about 8 minutes to spare. My first contact at the strike of 7PM was
with
N2SLN who was in the same grid about 26 miles to the south of me with
elevation.
Worked a few distant stations like K1WHS, WZ1V, VE3ZV, and KW1AM. I moved to
the
next grid FN12NW about 20 miles away and picked up more stations to the south
of
me than in the previous grid. In all a total of 16 contacts were made all on
phone as my straight key was left in the shack (always forget to bring it). I
hope everyone else had as much fun as I did. Mike KC2PLJ/R