Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover Liason Frequency

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Rover Liason Frequency
From: Marshall Williams <k5qe@sabinenet.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 17:44:42 -0600
Hello all....Russ, K2TXB, made the following post a few weeks ago.  I
think that it is a wonderful idea.  If everyone would get behind this
proposal, it would go a long ways to straightening out the VHF contest
rules.  Are you listening VUAC????

*****Russ' Post******
We allow a web page where anyone can spot themselves or anyone else.
They can only post callsign and frequency (and maybe sequence).

We allow everyone to do this - no restrictions. We make no special class
called assisted - everyone can do it.

I don't see this as much more helpful than what a lot of us have already
been doing - posting a schedule here on moon-net so everyone knows where
and when to look.

So let's all do it - if we want; the big guns don't need to because
everyone can hear them anyway. And some of us will prefer to prove that
we can get just as large a score as the person who spots.

But that would eliminate the whole controversy. No assisted class and no
real time scheduling.

His post was to the EME reflector, but the idea is a great one if
implemented for all VHF contests and all operator classes.  It would
eliminate the discrimination that now exists where Multi-Multi stations
can look at the spots, but the single ops cannot.  Spotting does not
give you a contact....it just gives you a chance to make a contact.

73 Marshall K5QE