Re: [VHFcontesting] Spectrum Inventory-The Band Is Open

To: <vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu>, "VHF Contesting Reflector" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Spectrum Inventory-The Band Is Open
From: "James Hayes" <n2yev94@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 16:59:45 -0500
Hi all,
And in particular to the flamer I have earned as a respected responder!
I may be a 'NEWBIE' as far as this reflector, but I have been active on the
lower 4 VHF / UHF bands since 1999 and doing my part in keeping the bands
active so they will NOT be given to the materialistic biz interests out
there with more money (read power) than myself!
I have been out of the contesting for the last 4 yrs, but that is soon to
change as I miss them very much. Just tower poor at the moment. Having had
mother nature take down the last one. Any way since the last contest I have
been active in my local club CVARC in interesting a good many older hams in
weak signal VHF and above work from digital to contests and back again. I
have been actively engaged it teaching from all the sources here on the
internet and hardcover publications that I have acquired over the years
(since I have had no elmer). I have made every effort in my power to bring
both support and interested bodies into the fold, so PLEASE do not jump the
gun and think I am at fault for not wanting to fight a battle that, (to me),
seems un-winnable due to the seemingly unlimited resources these big biz's
have at their disposal. I just feel that a certain amount of give and take
is in order for us to keep what we do have and band sharing is one way of
getting that done. I may be all wet in my thinking, but it is ONLY my
OPINION, and am entitled to it as what it is, aren't I???
NUFF SAID, and that being said is the last time I'll comment on this thread.

Jim, N2YEV
FN34fo, Peru, NY
n2yev@arrl.net