Re: [VHFcontesting] Use it or lose it debate.

To: VHF Contesting eMail Remailer <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Use it or lose it debate.
From: Ev Tupis <w2ev@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 15:17:56 -0800 (PST)
From: frank bechdoldt <k3uhf@hotmail.com>
We as hams were once givers and helpers, now as members of the ARRL we are
hoarders of spectrum for frivilis activities as compared to what good could
come out of the spectrum.

Having this discussion on a list that caters primarily to intermittant
narrow-band and weak signal aspects of the hobby is counterproductive.

I, for one, would like to learn more about 802.11b on Channel 1 as a Part 97
activity.

Don't give away my ability to experiment and advance the state of the art in
communication.  That is a basic tennant of the Part 97 service.  For that, we
need spectrum, and "thank you" to the ARRL for being a staunch advocate for
keeping it.

Ev, W2EV