Re: [VHFcontesting] Contesting differences: VHF and HF

To: VHF Contesting eMail Remailer <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Contesting differences: VHF and HF
From: Ev Tupis <w2ev@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 03:19:34 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Chet, N8RA <chetsubaccount@snet.net>
> Sometimes in discussions on this contesting reflector I've seen
> statements of "like HF'ers" and I do not know what that means.

Hi Chet,

You may be better served by asking the individual who makes such a statement.
It is a common prejudicial phrase used by disenfranchised VHFers to support a
variety of points-of-view.

Congrats on your #9 USA finish in the ARRL DX Phone entry (multi-op,
multi-transmitter), btw.  I don't know why...but your "N8" gets me to spin my
antenna the wrong way when I hear you on VHF (I should know better by now). :)

Regards,
Ev, W2EV