[VHFcontesting] UHF contest score

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] UHF contest score
From: "Steve Tripp \(K1IIG\)" <stephen.tripp@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 12:12:03 -0400
 Thanks to K1GX who noticed I was distorted on 1296 using a Demi and Pro3 in
transvert mode. I had installed a 1:4 Demi 10mhz splitter that uses my Z3801
for freq lock to the Apollo 32 board that morning. Paul said it sounded like
I was FMing and that triggered my thoughts on my connecton from the output
of the splitter to the Demi input. I used a factory length of Rg-174 and
changed that out with a piece of RG-58 and that stopped the problem. I
obviously was getting RF into that cable and modulating the 10mhz osc. 174
apparently has poor shielding.  I really did not want to go on FM during the
contest hihi.

Only spent a total of 3.5 hours split between 2 days.

2009 ARRL UHF Contest                        K1IIG       FN31

    SINGLE-OP ALL HIGH                              CT Section

    Band       QSOs X pt =  QSO pts.  X   Grids   =     Points

    222        18     3      54            8             432     100W +
10ELE

    432        24     3      72            10            720     1KW  +
22ELE

    903        9      6      54            6             324     70W  +
12ELE

    1296       11     6      66            6             396     50W  + 90
LOOPS

    2304       8      12     96            6             576     75W  + 152
LOOPS + MMP

    TOTALS     70            342           36            12312

More mast mounted preamps in the future which are greatly needed.

Thanks for the points and hope to "See you in September". Isn't that a song?

Steve

K1IIG

FN31NL