Re: [VHFcontesting] Another antenna question

To: "(Radio) VHF Contesting" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Another antenna question
From: "Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <ka5cvh@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 17:44:55 -0500
> Therefore I am now thinking about running a simple Hamstick dipole setup for
> 6 meters since a loop is nothing more than a dipole with the ends folded
> around into a loop/square.

Mike wrote

This was from DL79 29.4877°N, 104.0145°W a few years ago.  I used two
of the 3/8-24" mirror mounts.  For antennas I hunted around and found
two old CB whips and cut them down to the right length.  It just so
happens I only had one day and the bands were dead Dead DEAD.  I think
I made like 5 or 6 contacts.

http://www.ka5cvh.com/radio/vhf/trr/ka5cvh_07.jpg
http://www.ka5cvh.com/radio/vhf/trr/ka5cvh_08.jpg
http://www.ka5cvh.com/radio/vhf/trr/ka5cvh_09.jpg