[VHFcontesting] June VHF Contest Plans from EM87

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] June VHF Contest Plans from EM87
From: "Dave Zeph" <zephd@indy.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 14:23:26 -0400
I?ll be operating from Birch Knob, VA in EM87 during the June VHF Contest,
37º14?16?N  82º27?35?W (assuming good weather for setup).  I won?t be on the
top of the Knob itself since that is an open metal observation platform
reached via 184 stair steps!  The Knob will be due east of my planned
operating site, and about 60-ft higher.

Depending which map one believes, I will either be ?just inside? VA, or
?just inside? KY.  For now I?m going with Delorme TopoUSA 7.0 which shows
the site is in VA!

Equipment will be a Elecraft K3 + KRX3 + XV-144 + B1016, a 6M5X and 2M9SSB &
Rotator on a 40-ft aluminum tower, and a pair of stacked PAR Loops on a
separate 40-ft aluminum mast.

Here?s hoping for some really good conditions during the Contest and lots of
QSO?s!!

73 -* Dave, W9ZRX