Re: [VHFcontesting] Changes to VHF Contest Rule - A brief note from your

To: jcplatt1@mmm.com, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Changes to VHF Contest Rule - A brief note from your Dako...
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 13:06:00 EDT
I expect that non-scored qsos on the higher bands will be permitted.

A similar situation exists in HF contests, where a single band entrant may
make qsos on other bands while not affecting his single band competition
status.

The key thing is entering the proper entry category in the Cabrillo log
header.  If that is listed as single band (with that band specified), only
the in band qsos will be checked and scored for the contest. The others will
be  ignored except for cross checking purposes.

So long as you have the correct category listed, you will be OK.

In HF contests there is an issue with using a second band to arrange qsos
on the primary band. That is not permitted.  I doubt it will be a problem
in VHF - if you can troll up some random guys on 1296 to move to six meters,
please let us know how you do it!

73  -  Jim   K8MR

In a message dated 5/27/2009 11:33:24 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,