Re: [VHFcontesting] Changes to ARRL VHF Contest Rules

To: VHF Contesting Reflector <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Changes to ARRL VHF Contest Rules
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 08:54:02 -0500
Depends opn why you're contesting in the first place. If your ONLY goal is
to win something, hang it up. If you're also out there to have fun, as I am,
do whatever you feel will produce some fun.
Probably the reason I haven't done much Roving is that my station, being
almost entirely homebrew thru 10 GHz, except for the IF rigs, is also
time-consuming to set up and take down. So I stick with one location and
enter as a Single-Op Portable (QRP). And I have fun!

Every microwave QSO I make or attempt to make still thrills me. I've been
trying to work some people down around St. Louis early on weekday mornings
on 10 GHz when the Hepburn site forecasts tropo between us. I enjoy even the
failed attempts.

73, Zack W9SZ