[VHFcontesting] (no subject)

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] (no subject)
From: frank bechdoldt <k3uhf@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 13:59:29 -0700
So if I have this correct a limited rover can still pack 10 bands and grid
circle with rovers as a team with stations that fit in a lunchbox to over
inflate their scores with QSOs made across a farmers field?

The ARRL program services committee does not have the guts to enforce what they
call the spirit of the rules, so they should remove the wording of said spirit
and just say generate as many qsos as possible no matter the distance.

>From what I can tell this has achieved little to relieve the controversy
>around roving and I hope it drives those rovers who want to compete honestly,
>fairly and intellectually correctly to go to the limited class where the
>effect of grid circlers on non grid circlers is somewhat limited.

I for one will not be turning in logs and AT&T can have the upper spectrum its
only good for boosting a few guys scores anyway.

Come on CQ magazine make some other type of contests with a board of dirrectors
willing address issues head on.  Sean I challenge those at the ARRL to go ahead
and sanction grid circling across the 3 types of classes as acceptable and
encoraged as a path for victory in the contests.

k3uhf