[VHFcontesting] Lunar-Link 222-MHz & 432-MHz amps for sale

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Lunar-Link 222-MHz & 432-MHz amps for sale
From: William Hein <bill.aa4xt@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 14:48:19 -0500
I purchased a full set of LL amps in 2002 for 6m, 2m, 1.25m and 70cm
as part of a build-out of my NT1Y station in VT to full VHF contest
powerhouse status.  Due to work commitments and first-time fatherhood
I never finishing building out the station and never put the 1.25m and
70cm LL amps on the air.  Now relocated to TN I am going to
concentrate on 6m and 2m and am reluctantly selling the other two LLs.

Please note that this amp has never been on the air.  It was returned
to K1FO a few months ago for upgrading to the current LA-12A & LA-72A
model circuitry and performance benchmarking  (they were LA-12 & LA-72
models when I originally purchased them in 2002).  Details:

** upgraded to LA-12A & LA-72A circuitry by K1FO including dual-speed
blower
** has not been taken out of the box since recent upgrade & check-out
** serial no. 16023 (LA-12A) & 15114 (LA-72A)
** rack mount option
** peak reading power monitor option
** pair Eimac 3CPX800A7 pulse-rated tubes with very few hours
** CX-800N RF relay package
** like new condition
** 1500 watts of stable, reliable, continuous duty and highly linear
power output
** Sequenced output signal for control of other equipment such as
preamp switching
** in original box with complete paperwork including K1FO upgrade notes

More info available at Lunar-Link's Website: http://home.cshore.com/lunarlink/

Price: $2950 each plus shipping & insurance from Nashville TN area.
PayPal preferred.

Lunar-Link amps use separate power supplies (a single LL power supply
can run multiple LL amps).   A power supply is NOT included in this
sale.  You can use your own or buy one used or from LL.  (I am keeping
my LL PS-70D to power my LL 6m and 2m amps.)

NOTE:  According to K1FO my amps are 'almost' A models.  There are
just a couple things missing which can't be added:

1. The A models have an N connector on the back panel for RF input
instead of the recessed BNC connector
2. The A models have high SWR and high plate current fault sensing
3. Reflected power reads in peak mode on the A models and average
power on my amps

Other than these 3 items, my amps have everything else that the A
models have.

73,
Bill AA4XT ex-NT1Y

-----