[VHFcontesting] IN / KY 2 meter SSB net, Thursday evening, 00:30z, 144.2

To: VHF Contesting eMail Remailer <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>, vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu
Subject: [VHFcontesting] IN / KY 2 meter SSB net, Thursday evening, 00:30z, 144.250 USB
From: Dan Evans <dan.evans@insightbb.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 19:18:54 -0400
Hello group,

Just a quick note to remind everyone of the IN / KY 2 meter SSB net.
Every Thursday evening, 8:30pm local, 00:30z, 144.250 USB.

Band conditions were a little flat last week, so I'm hoping to do better
this week.

Also, there are many up coming events!   Dayton hamvention is this
weekend:-)  I can't go this year, my daughter's dance recital is
Saturday, but I hope everyone has a good time.  Don't forget the rain
gear, you never know what to expect at Dayton!   Is anyone traveling up
I65 or I75 to Dayton Thursday evening?  Would love to get some mobile
check ins to the 2m SSB net!

In just a few more weeks is the ARRL June VHF QSO Party!!!  This is my
favorite contest:-)  6 meters usually has some great openings, the
weather is normally very nice for a Rover trip, and we typically have
good activity levels.  This is the big event of the year for me.  I like
to work the July CQ-VHF, the September VHF, and even the January VHF
Sweepstakes, but the June VHF is the "Super Bowl" for me.  This year I'm
planning to operate from at least 8 grids.  Tentatively, I'm planning to
start in EM67 and EM77 just south of Louisville.  Then head up to EM68
and EM78 in the Henryville and Salem, IN, areas Saturday evening.  Early
Sunday morning I'm heading up north.  Just north of Indianapolis are
grids EN60 and EN70.   After that I will start working my way back south
and pick up EM69 and EM79, likely Sunday afternoon.

That's 8 grid squares over the weekend, still allowing for being home
Saturday night for a few hours sleep:-)  I won't be able to stay long in
each grid, probably just an hour or two, but it should be a load of
fun!  I'll send out a better game plan when the contest gets closer.

Now here's a challenge:   If you have checked into the nets before, you
know my setup.  On 2m, I run 160 watts to 10 elements at 25'.  Not much
of a station, right?  Now here is the kicker;  this is the same station
I use for my Rover!  So, when I'm Roving, I stop, push up the yagis, and
I have 160 watts to 10 elements at around 25'!  Normally from a hilltop
location!  The point being if you have checked into the net, you can
likely work me in the contest!   How many grids can you catch me in?
I'm planning a special QSL card for this Rover trip, and I would like to
send out as many of them as possible!

For more info on the June VHF contest, check out:
http://www.arrl.org/contests/rules/2009/june-vhf.html

Want to learn a little more about VHF Contesting?  Check out Todd's web
page for a very nice write up:
http://kc9bqa.com/

Also, Marshall, K5QE, and Paul, ND2X, have done a great job with the VHF
South web page.  Check out:
http://www.vhfsouth.org/index.htm

That's it for this week.  Hope to hear everyone on the net,

73
Dan
--
Amateur Radio Emergency Service, Clark County Indiana. EM78el
K9ZF /R no budget Rover ***QRP-l #1269 Check out the Rover Resource Page at:

Dan