[VHFcontesting] sneaky LPDA

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] sneaky LPDA
From: frank bechdoldt <k3uhf@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 17:12:07 -0700

 Sebastian is right,

If you go to them with a 45 foot tower proposal and they say no, then you are
now a target.  It would be better that you put up a good LPDA and go with that.
 I do not know much about the 50-1.2 type, but its what i would do if I were
you.  I use elk lpdas on 432 and 222 with good results of 300-400 miles qsos.
I imagine they would be good on wsjt as well.

I would put up a slightly beefier post tha your nieghbors and a few feethigher.
Maybe even use a 8 foot glen martin to holde her up. Then attach a bearing and
a small pully to errect hf dipoles using fine aluninum wire.  This worked for
me and the wire handled a kw.

Of course add each piece as time goes by.