Re: [VHFcontesting] An "eyeball" QSO party?

To: "'Christopher Burke'" <chris@n9yh.com>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] An "eyeball" QSO party?
From: "Nate Duehr" <nate@natetech.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 14:59:58 -0600
Same thing with bringing my "Lunchbox stations".  This year we'll start
small and bring my lunch and lunch for a few friends in small portable metal
boxes that can be reloaded for next year.

I figure it will help their motivation to find me in the crowd.

Next year, we go bigger -- bringing a grill and setting up a large lunch
station out of the back of my Jeep at only certain hamfests.

That is, if free bratwursts and soda are still "in the spirit of the
contest."

(Future plans beyond that include beer.)

People at our local hamfests might leave the usual contest area and migrate
toward the parking lot to "work" us at the lunchbox station or even circle
around US hoping to get a "contact".

Hopefully all those points for handing out free food doesn't get too many
other contester's panties in a bunch. But I'm not bringing lunch for
everyone!

LOL!

:-O
:-P
:-)

Nate WY0X
(Thought you'd appreciate the humor, Chris.  We'll see if the complainers
"get it".)