[VHFcontesting] An "eyeball" QSO party?

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] An "eyeball" QSO party?
From: kb7dqh@donobi.net
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 14:45:31 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [PNWVHFS] Re: Puyallup
From:    "W7CE" <w7ce@curtiss.net>
Date:    Sun, March 8, 2009 11:12 am
To:      "PNWVHFS" <PNWVHFS@googlegroups.com>

> I was talking to Jim K7ND this morning and suggested a new
> contest - how many PNWVHFers can you meeting face to face at Puyallup?

Swapmeet contesting - I like it.  Should we keep a log of the eyeball QSOs
or exchange eyeball QSLs to confirm the meeting?  I suggest that points be
computed based on the sum of the distances traveled by the two parties, and
that 2nd floor contacts have a 2X multiplier.  Only random, unassisted
meetings should count, with the possible exception of schedules that were
arranged before the start of the swapmeet.  Maybe there should be different
entry categories based on height.

On a more serious note ...

I met up with several of you, including a couple of first time meetings,
however there were many more that I missed yesterday.  Hopefully next time.
I had to leave early, otherwise I'm sure most of us would have crossed paths
during the day.  Overall, it was a good swapmeet and it was a lot more
crowded that I expected it to be this year.

73,
Clay  W7CE