[VHFcontesting] FW: Contesting Philosophy

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] FW: Contesting Philosophy
From: "Chet, N8RA" <chetsubaccount@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 11:05:31 -0500
In a comparison of ARRL and CQ Mag VHF contests, I enjoy them both. I find
the CQ VHF contest fun, because I can just get on and make contacts- that's
OK, but because of lack of much structure, I have no way to really know how
well I am doing compared to the others. Same goes for the sprints- they
enable me to check out the latest version of my station because of the
increased activity during the time span between major events, but no
objective evaluation is possible.

The differences are similar to informal anything goes street drag racing
compared to running your machine at the dragstrip. Both can be fun.

The VHF contests are even better though, if you do not wish to fit into the
rules of a given class, then you can still get on and have fun, you just
cannot submit a formal entry for it.

Chet, N8RA