Re: [VHFcontesting] Contesting Philosophy

To: Vhfcontesting Remailer <VHFcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Contesting Philosophy
From: Ev Tupis <w2ev@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 03:43:44 -0800 (PST)
--- On Fri, 2/27/09, Nate Duehr <nate@natetech.com> wrote:

> Scheduling and time management for maximization of points
> is ALREADY a contest skill practiced by ALL of the winning
> multi-operator FIXED stations.
>
> Ask any WINNING multi-op station how many skeds they have
> and keep.

If one defines "winning" as placing in the "national" or "regional" top-10 and
"schedules" as using the time prior to the contest to make specific
arrangements to work a particular station on a given frequency at a given time,
then I must say with no question that this is not true.  I have hosted such
operation without the use of schedules.

To me, QSO scheduling sounds too much like going to an Easter egg hunt, and
knowing where many of the eggs are before the event begins...then feeling all
proud that I "found" the most.

Ev, W2EV