[VHFcontesting] contest goals, level playing fields, east coast bias and

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] contest goals, level playing fields, east coast bias and such...
From: Dan Evans <dan.evans@insightbb.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 20:55:24 -0500
My first goal is always to improve my "personal best" score.  Typically,
the only time I don't achieve this goal is if something breaks, or we
just have REALLY LOUSY band conditions....

I also have every intention of winning my section every time I go out.
I have a few times, and sometimes I get clobbered:-)  But, if you are
going to enter limited Rover in the central division, you better bring
your A game:-)   This is the REAL apples to apples results.

I don't believe there is much chance of me ever placing number one
nation wide, with or without the grid circler's...  But I'm out there
swinging, and I believe I can crack top 10 someday.  Maybe not this
year, but I'm not that far away.   Someday I'll get back on 222 with
decent power, and then it might get interesting:-)

The east coast has a lot of VHF ops, there is no doubt about it, but
they also have some first class Rovers and home stations that know
contesting.  Of course they win a lot.

73
Dan
--
Amateur Radio Emergency Service, Clark County Indiana. EM78el
K9ZF /R no budget Rover ***QRP-l #1269 Check out the Rover Resource Page at: