Re: [VHFcontesting] The Psychology of Contest Participation

To: k7cw@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] The Psychology of Contest Participation
From: Jerry Siegmund <jer.sieg@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 14:08:34 -0700
I enter every VHF Contest with the intention of having at least 'One'
participant from DN39.. and we are few and far between.. however, I am
the 'Only Contester'..! I never enter with the idea of 'Winning'.. its
to have my Rare Grid on as many other logs as a multiplier just to show
'We Use VHF/UHF Here' as well.. I have spent many a contest listening to
just static.. and if I was parked somewhere /P or a /Rover.. I still
would have the same ideas..
'I am Not Going to Win'.. but who cares.. at least I did my effort.. and
try and do better next time out..
If your not happy with the Rover Entry Category.. try a /p Op or move
your QTH to a Rare Grid.. and again.. you may not Win.. but give it your
Best Shot..!  My last two times out.. 6 or 8 Contacts.. TVI up the
yang.. XYL was the only one screaming about it..  Neighbors still don't
know what I am up to.. !
Jerry VE6CPP
DN39or