[VHFcontesting] Contest plans

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Contest plans
From: Ironclaw <jlubliner@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 06:12:23 -0600 (CST)
Hi all;
The "Dark side of the Force" contest group is hoping to operate in FM28
Ocean City, MD like most years at the beach. A different hotel since our
usual one is being renovated. I hope we don't have problems or
complaints about TVI from these folks....

Plan on putting up 50 to 1.2G most likely. Skeds are welcome but we
usually just work who we typically hear when It's convienent to both
parties so feel free to set up a sked if you like with us.

Will have decent size ants up this time since we'll have a really large
patio area with no obstructions in most directions as well as more
height this time 3 stories higher and less powerline noise since it sits
way back from the neon signs and street utilities. It took 3 years to
negoiate the terms to use this space when finally someone in the
management knew about ham operations and decided it was OK to accomodate
us strange characters!....You'd think we were aliens or something but
lugging in antennas and radio gear on the luggage carts is a strange
sight to most people.

Good luck to all and hopefully we'll have some good
conditions.....fingers crossed

Jay K3JAY