[VHFcontesting] HH18fd: Transatlantic

To: py2zx.ham@gmail.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] HH18fd: Transatlantic
From: PY2ZX <py2zx.ham@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 16:49:51 -0200
Hello friends,

I would like to spread informations of our Japy DX Group operation in
Bahia/Brazil devoted to Transatlantic Tropo Ducting events between
Africa and America, following the main expedition V5/KT6Q.

Period: January 12th to January, 17th, 2009.
Locator: HH18fd.
Call: PY6/PY2ENO (special call under analysis).
Bands: 50 - 144 -  432 MHz.
Modes: SSB/CW/Digital (included WSJT).
Transceivers: Yaesu FT-897D and Icom IC-706MKIIG.
Amplifiers: Homebrew by PY3FF - 500W 144 MHz; Mirage B1010 100W 432 MHz.
Antenna 50 MHz: 7 elements KLM 6M 7LD horizontally polarized.
Antenna 144 MHz: 12 elements K1FO by PY2NI horizontally polarized.
Antenna 432 MHz: 22 elements K1FO by PY2NI horizontally polarized.
Pre-Amp: Top Mount SP2000 SSB Electronics 144 MHz.
Computing: Notebook Dell Latitude 620.
Internet: Wireless 802.11G and spare GSM Modem. Specific
E-mail/MSN/Skype accounts to be created.

More informations at: http://transatlantic.japydx.org

About Bahia operation with photos and map (in english):
http://www.japydx.org/ta/bahia2.html

Our special thanks for Namib Expedition Team that are improving our DX
interess on this circuit as well another DXers that are also helping us
on this efford.

Flavio PY2ZX