[VHFcontesting] Dual Band Antenna

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Dual Band Antenna
From: kevinemtid@sbcglobal.net
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 10:28:44 -0800 (PST)
Jeff,

Amother possibility is a Dual Band Quad. My original quad is only 4ft long and
has a fiberglass boom. It has 4 ele for 2mtrs and ?6ele for 432. It has worked
pretty well but I eventually went to the 8ft boom model with 8 ele on 2 and 11
on 432. These were mounted on top of my tower. Checkout www.cubex.com. Yes they
have separate feed lines but using a diplexer on the mast just below the
antenna will allow you to use one feed down to the radio. I'm not sure how much
power you can run through the diplexer however. It is a very lightweight and
practical antenna.

73,

Kevin NZ1I