Re: [VHFcontesting] Unlimited Rover, the first and only last January...

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Unlimited Rover, the first and only last January...
From: kb7dqh@donobi.net
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 21:10:08 -0800 (PST)
Yup, I was the first to enter in this new category... NO grid circling...
or anyone roving along with... Too bad, actually, the team would have
"activated" rather than "made noise from" 4 more grid squares! Seems
Northern California went to sleep last January, rather early...  Last QSO
on Saturday evening was with WA6KLK (CM89HI) when we were in CN70. Didn't
work anyone again until the next morning when we worked KI7JA (CN85) from
out along US 395, in DN03...
followed by K7HSJ in CN94, and K7CW up in CN87  from the same grid. And
that with a dirty TX/RX relay in the 6 meter brick which kept the RX out
of the
transceiver from time to time!

So, when you get done looking at Frank's fine example of a Classic Rover
on QRZ.com, have a look at mine...

There are three short movies posted on Youtube including one of the
interior, posted by VE7DXG.  Easiest way to find these is to enter KB7DQH
into the search window and there they will be!

Someone on this list thought it would be fun to take an old bus and pack
it full of radios and operators, cover the roof with antennas and "go
roving"...
I can tell you from personal experience it makes for one heck of a road trip!

Eric
KB7DQH