Re: [VHFcontesting] rig recommendations for portable operation

To: "Joe Serocki" <joeserocki@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] rig recommendations for portable operation
From: "Mike (KA5CVH) Urich" <ka5cvh@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 18:44:54 -0600
On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 21:12, Joe Serocki

> FT-100's could have been a great radio, but personally I had two and they
> were fraught with issues. Between bad programming, a front end that blows
> itself up for fun, and fans that don't run enough, mine were annoying. Maybe
> someone else has had better experience with them.

Mike wrote

Yes the FT-100 did have some problems.  Most notably the grounding on
12/10/6 meters.  I sent mine back in they fixed the grounding issues
upgraded the switches on the fans and in 7 years I have had mine in
and out of 5 company cars, and well over 250,000 miles of road abuse.
If I had to replace it I would probably have to suck it up and buy an
"I Can Only Monitor" IC-7000.

--
Mike Urich, KA5CVH
http://ka5cvh.com