[VHFcontesting] rover rule suggestion

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] rover rule suggestion
From: frank bechdoldt <k3uhf@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 17:09:10 -0800

It appears that the discussion is open where it counts

As I think about it more the only way to Simply fix it  and include it is:

rover to rover QSOs and multipliers can not be counted unless both Rovers are
Unlimited. Or counted in a very very very limited fashion.

Otherwise a nefarious team could work across the classification lines to
inflate each other’s score.  We have seen four or five vehicle teams working
together now  In teams it only takes 4 vehicles to show up at the grids.

Like this, the root of the problem:

  http://commfaculty.fullerton.edu/woverbeck/rover.htm#history

one car in each corner and even with a limit of 20 qsos that’s 80 extra
multipliers for traditional rovers with stops at two grid corners.  80 extra
mults is always nice huh?