Re: [VHFcontesting] K9ZF/R plans

To: "Dan Evans" <dan.evans@insightbb.com>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] K9ZF/R plans
From: "Ellen Rugowski" <ellenjoanne2003@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 10:42:38 -0500
So far, it's not much better here in Wisconsin, Dan.  The great VHF/UHF
propogation killers have arrived - cold and rain.  I woke up this morning
(after pulling the plug at 11:30 PM last night [I also did double duty in
the NA SSB Sprint]).  As of 10:40 AM, it's raining, and the temp's dropped
from the 70s las night, down to the low 60s.  I have a feeling that condx.
are going to be rougher today than yesterday.  So far:

26 QSOs

6m        5 QSOs   3 grids
2m      13 QSOs   4 grids
432      6  QSOs   4 grids
1296    2  QSOs   2 grids

No grids outside of those surrounding mine yet.

The wind gusts make me nervous at times (I set up semi - portable, putting
the antennas on a homebrew mount on my 2nd story balcony [it is not weighted
down], setting up the radios by the sliding balcony doors, where I can
access the antenas to turn them, and still be able to operate out of the
weather).  I wish I had 10 Ghz - at least I could try rain scatter then.  ;)

73,
Ellen - AF9J
Grid EN52xx