[VHFcontesting] KK6MCs figures

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] KK6MCs figures
From: James Duffey <JamesDuffey@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 18:20:54 -0600
Frank - We have plowed this ground before:

<
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/VHFcontesting/2005-08/msg00138.html

discusses the grids worked and QSOs worked outside of the grid
expedition members for contests by N6NB/r up to the summer of 2005.
There are lots of QSOs with non team members and lots of QSOs with
grids not visited by the rover expedition. I suspect that the June
2006 contest results by the California group are similar.

I get it. I just don't think it is as bad for the rover categories as
you and others do. I don't think it is bad for VHF/UHF contesting. If
the claimed scores hold up during log checking, I will have finished
6th overall nationwide in the rover-limited division. I am happy with
that result, particularlya s I finished 91st (out of 98) last year. I
know how I can do better next year. If the team roving had not taken
place, I would have finished 5th. To me that is not a big impact. I
guess it is a bigger deal for K4GUN/r who would have moved from 4th to
third.

By my count there were 91 rover entries this June, compared to 98 last
June. I suspect that is within the statistical variation.

I hope that you and everyone who has posted in this long thread gets
out and roves this weekend in the UHF contest. Or at least gets on and
looks for us rovers. I will rove. With the small wavelengths it is
easy to be strong with modest antennas and power. Plus there haven't
been many, if any, grid squaring forays into the UHF contest, so that
argument for not participating goes out the window. Rove and do good
deeds. - Duffey
--
KK6MC
James Duffey