[VHFcontesting] 540 miles...

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com (VHF contesting list)
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 540 miles...
From: k4gun@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 16:25:31 +0000
I'm still assessing everything that happened and was learned this weekend.
What an amazing adventure!  I'm going to post a complete soapbox soon, but for
now, here's the recap.  251 QSOs and 81 multipliers over 10 grids, 540 miles
traveled.

A pleasant surprise was the fuel economy.  I never turned off the engine when
at an operating position so I spent a lot of time idling and rotating the
truck.  The wind load had to be huge, but I managed 14.1 MPG in the 2007 Toyota
Tundra with a 5.7 liter V8.  I get 15-16 with normal commuting.

I'll post more about how much fun I had with E-skip and everything else when I
have the logs in front of me.

Steve - K4GUN/R