[VHFcontesting] KK6MC/r Plans for VHF Contest

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] KK6MC/r Plans for VHF Contest
From: James Duffey <JamesDuffey@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 19:02:37 -0600
The KK6MC/r is slowly taking shape. Here is my planned itinerary:

Saturday
DM 84   1800Z

DM 85   2030Z

If there is enough activity, I may stay longer, if there isn't much I
will leave early.

 From there I will travel to DM86. I will have an omni 6M antenna and
in principle can operate on 6M in motion. We will see how that works
out in practice.

We will stay in Clayton overnight and operate if there is activity.

Sunday
DM86    1400Z

DM76    1800Z

DM76    2200Z

Again this will depend on activity. There are 2 stops in DM76 to work
the small stations in the Rio Grande Valley.

 From there it will be home and I will try to operate DM65 from the
driveway. Anything I work from there will be gravy.

I have been working on an intermittent audio problem on the 6M rig, it
appears to be acceptable now, but I thought I had it fixed before. I
may have to operate CW on 6M. So if you hear CW it is likely me.
Please come back. I can QRS, just ask.

6M      IC551D          75 Watts        2 element Yagi, Square loop while in
motion

2M      TR-9130/TE-1512 150 Watts       6 element Yagi (1wl boom)

70cm    FT780           10 Watts        11 element Yagi (2.1wl boom)

Yes, I know I need to add 220 MHz. That will come.

I realize that this is only 6 grids, but I learned my lesson in
January about being too ambitious. This schedule is realizable.

Please listen for me and I hope to work you from all grids on all
bands! - Duffey
--
KK6MC
James Duffey