[VHFcontesting] Water in LMR-900 coax, best practices to keep it out?

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Water in LMR-900 coax, best practices to keep it out?
From: "Mike & Becca Krzystyniak" <k9mk@flash.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 18:26:13 -0500
Hi guys,

   While getting things ready for the VHF contest this weekend I found some
serious water intrusion on one of four LMR-900 feedlines.

   A run of LMR-900, that I thought was properly sealed up (3 other parallel
runs are fine) had high SWR due to water in the connector. As I dug deeper,
the was was coming from the LMR-900 itself.  In fact, the water source was
the hollow center conductor of LMR-900.  Pulling the center conductor pin
out several ounces of H2O dripped out from the 100' vertical run.  I have
seen this in jumper bullets many time but admittedly I was somewhat
surprised to see this from the hose itself.  There is no signs of water
coming up from the top.  I assume it was condensed there by osmosis or
other.  So, for all you sages, how do I increase my chanes to keep it out
when I put it all back together??

Thanks in advance.

73's  Mike K9MK/5  EM12HW