[VHFcontesting] ICOM 756 Pro III for six meters?

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] ICOM 756 Pro III for six meters?
From: "Mike Kirchoff" <mikekirchoff@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 22:36:00 -0400
Les,

I have used in turn the 756 PRO, 756 PRO II and 756 PRO III for both HF and
6 meters for almost 8 years.  I can confidently endorse the PRO III for both
contesting and DX operation on 6 meters.  I currently have a 7800 as well as
the PRO III and the PRO III is on 6 meters at all times.  A key feature of
both ICOM radios is the spectrum scope and as I sit here in front of them, I
can see 7 QSO's taking place and one loud beacon all while monitoring VE2
"running" stations as fast as he wishes on 6 meters.  Frankly, I believe the
spectrum scope is essential for 6 meter DXing and nice to have for
contesting.  By the way, it "hears" well and does all of the things one
needs in a radio for 6 meters.

If you have more detailed questions please contact me off reflector if you
wish.

73,

Mike Kirchoff, W2OO