[VHFcontesting] Rover High Scores by Region; CQWW VHF Contest

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Rover High Scores by Region; CQWW VHF Contest
From: curtis roseman <croseman@usc.edu>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 20:20:49 -0500
Fellow VHF Contesters:

We now have a table of all-time high scores by region for rovers in the CQ July
contest.   You can access it from this page:
http://home.woh.rr.com/wpx/Records.html

Up until recently it was not possible to produce such a table because all of
the published results did not include location information for rovers.   Thanks
to some prodding from N0DQS, and some digging for data by W1XX and K9JK, we now
have all the necessary information.  So, you can now view all-time high scores
by region for all entry categories in this contest.

Two notes:

I like to list high scores by region, because various parts of North American,
and the world, have very different potentials for high scores.  If you want to
see who has the highest overall scores, simply scanning the tables will allow
you to do so.

Secondly,  every time I announce an update of various records or high scores,
several people contact me asking about rovers.  Most are quite polite, but a
few have accused me of being anti-rover, and a couple have been down-right
nasty.    I am not anti-rover.

It is not possible to list section records for rovers, because there are no
section records for rovers.!  Also, it is not possible to list all-time high
rover scores by region, because of changing rules in the past that have made
comparisons over the full time period impossible.   It would be possible to
list rover high scores by region over a more limited time period, but I have
not done so.

73, and good luck in the June contest

Curt Roseman   k9aks