[VHFcontesting] Inverters for rovers

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com (VHF contesting list)
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Inverters for rovers
From: k4gun@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 18:52:12 +0000
I'm now in the market for an inverter for my rover station.  I need to power a
laptop and the rotator for the antennas.  The inverter will be mounted next to
the aux battery, inside a steel tool box in the bed of the truck.  It is my
hope that the steel box will make for a decent Faraday cage.

My question is what kind of inverter do I need?  Can I get by with one of the
cheap 300 watt models?  Do I need a "pure sine wave" model or would one of the
modified wave models work?  I'd appreciate any suggestions here.

Steve