[VHFcontesting] SDR1000 vs 6m xvtr

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com,vhf@w6yx.stanford.edu
Subject: [VHFcontesting] SDR1000 vs 6m xvtr
From: kr7o@vhfdx.com
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 12:47:40 -0800
I am curious if anyone has done any comparisons of the built-in 6m
capability of the SDR1000 vs the SDR1000 as an IF for a DEMI or SSB 6m
transverter.  I am particularly interested in strong signal handling and
dynamic range.    Should have an SDR1000 in a couple weeks.  Is it worth
having the external hardware?  Curious to see how it performs for EME
and >60db over S9 signals.  I already have a DEMI xvtr on hand.

73, Robert KR7O/YB2ARO, DM07ba/OI52ee  (ex.  N7STU)
kr7o@vhfdx.com

www.vhfdx.com (KR7O/YB2ARO homepages)