Re: [VHFcontesting] Negative comments

To: VHFcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Negative comments
From: Ray J <ray@w9ray.org>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 11:34:06 -0600
so·lic·it  (s-lst)
v. so·lic·it·ed, so·lic·it·ing, so·lic·its
v.tr.
1. To seek to obtain by persuasion, entreaty, or formal application.
2. To petition persistently.
3. To entice or incite to evil or illegal action.
4. To approach or accost with an offer of sexual services.

"Let's be honest"
"to solicit a contact"

How is seeing the rovers location on a map, by any means. Helping you to
solicit a contact in any way shape or form????
you are digging pretty deep .. so I can too, I guess.

Wouldn't looking at printed map that a rover emailed you a  "use of non-Amateur
Radio means" .. That paper did not come spitting of of your fancy YaeIcoTenWood
radio.. If you are looking at it during the contest period, that is clearly
"use of non-Amateur Radio means of communication"

the rule 3.10 should be deleted/altered to allow anything... As long as the
simplex RF contact is made using stated contest exchanges on the band of
interest. who the heck cares if i had to call,write,email,text, instant message
or jump in front of the rover when he is driving by, to make it happen, the
qso's are still being made on the air...Just because there's non-Amateur Radio
means of communication used does not guarantee a good qso/points..

W9RAY