Re: [VHFcontesting] VHF sked alternative

To: "'VHF contesting list'" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] VHF sked alternative
From: "Chet, N8RA" <chetsubaccount@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 14:06:06 -0500

This is precisely why I put up the antenna that I did for 2M contesting. It
is a four stack of 3 element yagis. It analyzes to have 14.6 dBi of gain
with a 60 degree horizontal beamwidth to the -3 dB points. And it's really
not that hard to construct if you already have an HF yagi with a decent boom
on top of your tower- just attach the middle of the stacking mast out on the
HF boom a foot or so and end mount the yagis.

And, if there is some ice, I think having 4 driven elements will retain a
better match and pattern than if there was only one with a lot of sensitive
parasitic ones.

73
Chet, N8RA